The Photographic Services department dedicates its resources to advancing UGA's overall institutional image. The following criteria should be considered when requesting service from the department.
- Why is photography needed and how will it be used?
- Is the photo newsworthy to local, regional and/or national news media?
- How can the subject be photographed to yield the strongest impact? For example, a photograph of a professor working on a research project has greater potential for use than a photo of the professor being recognized at an awards ceremony.
- Is there potential for multiple recycled usage of the photo (news release, Web, magazine, newspaper, stock files, etc)?
- How does the photographic need support the University's strategic goals and initiatives?