All University of Georgia websites are required to affix the disclaimer statement below on each web page included in such websites. This requirement extends to all pages that in any way, explicit or implicit, imply affiliation with the University of Georgia.
Required Disclaimer Statement
The content and opinions expressed on this web page do not necessarily reflect the views of nor are they endorsed by the University of Georgia or the University System of Georgia.
It does not apply to pages which clearly by their function express official information on behalf of the University of Georgia, including:
- The main institutional website
- Academic school or college
- Academic department
- Administrative unit (e.g., Student Affairs and all affiliated units, such as University Housing, Student Activities, Minority Services and Programs, etc.)
- Auxiliary unit whose sole function is to provide service to the University of Georgia (e.g., Food Services, Parking Services, the Georgia Center for Continuing Education
- Research papers and professional publications are considered in support of the university’s overall mission and do not require the disclaimer. Papers promoting or supporting a position or view that is not easily identifiable as associated with the teaching, research or public service missions of the university do require the disclaimer.
- Restricted-access sites that are not generally available to the public do not require the disclaimer.
- eLC course and similar materials are part of the university’s academic enterprise. All websites and associated pages that support the university’s curriculum do not require the disclaimer.
- Resumes and curricula vitae do not require the disclaimer.
Sites and pages to which this requirement applies include, but are not limited to:
- Student personal pages
- Faculty personal pages
- NOTE: Faculty pages used exclusively for posting syllabi and other course-directive information, curriculum vitae, and strictly academic information for the purpose of instruction (not opinion) are considered to be “official information” pages and are not required to carry the disclaimer.
- Staff personal pages
- Any page within exempt sites whose purpose is not to advance the mission of UGA or the University System of Georgia Board of Regents
- Student organization sites
- Faculty or staff sites dedicated to social or policy advocacy issues